- Club name: MSV Duisburg
- Ground name: Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena
- Year ground opened: 2004
- Capacity: 31,500 (28,000 internationally)
- Web Site: http://www.msv-duisburg.de/
The Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena was constructed on the same site where the previous stadium, the Wedaustadion, was located. The Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena is a modern pure football venue that offers room for more than 30,000 spectators. View is excellent from all positions. There are two huge video screens over the north and south stand, respectively.
The stadium is fully covered with a cantilevered roof, all stands are two-tiered. The lower tier in the north stand is terraced, the upper tier is seating space. The same goes for the south stand, although the terraced section is much smaller there. A remarkable feature can be found in the upper tier of the south stand, where a Swiss flag is display by colored seats, as an honour to a Duisburg fanclub from Switzerland. The main stand is an all-seater stand withouth any remarkable features, the opposite main stand features the writing "MSV" in the seats in the upper tier and "DUSIBURG" in the lower tier.
Duisburg's supporters are located in the lower tier of the north stand, called Nordkurve after the same location in the Wedaustadion, visiting supporters are located in the southeast corner's lower tier.
How To Get There...
By Car & Where To Park
If you come by car, the address of the Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena is "Margaretenstraße 5-7, 47055 Duisburg".
The parking lots at the stadium are only accessible by special permit on match days, but you should be able to find a parking spot somewhere around the stadium. Try Kalkweg, the road to the west of the stadium, going southward.
By Public Transportation
The stadium is well connected to public transportation. Here are various options on how to reach the stadium. See this map for an overview over the different options.
- S-Bahn S1 (track 5, direction Düsseldorf) to "DU-Schlenk Bf", 10 minutes walk from there
- U-Bahn U79 (direction Düsseldorf) to "Grunewald", 10 minutes walk from there
- From main station, bus 934 (direction Großenbaum/Wedau Wolfssee) to "MSV-Arena"
- From main station, bus 939 (direction Klinikum Duisburg) to "MSV-Arena"
- From main station, bus 944 (direction Wedau Wolfssee) to "Sportschule Wedau", followed by about a 7 minute walk
Match ticketes include travel to and from the stadium inside the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Ruhr (Rhine-Ruhr Traffic Association).
I recommend using public transportation to reach the stadium, however it is less than two miles away from the main station and thus easily reachable on foot.
Exit the main station to the east (not towards the city centre) and turn right. Walk down Neue Fruchtstraße, with the tracks to your right. At the end of the road, turn left into Koloniestraße. After 650 yards, turn right onto Sternbuschweg. Follow Sternbuschweg for 1,200 yards and turn left after you pass under the railroad tracks onto Kalkweg. Head straight on, passing under more railway tracks, and take the first left onto Kruppstraße, which takes you directly to the stadium.
- König Pilsener Fankurve /Stadtwerke Ecken (north stand lower)- 11€
- Sparkassentribüne (west stand lower) - 32€
- Sparkassentribüne (west stand upper) - 27€
- Schauinsland-Reisen-Tribüne (east stand lower) - 24€
- König Pilsener Fankurve / Südtribüne (north upper) - 19€
- Südtribüne (south stand) lower - 19€
Last updated 22.02.2015
Even after being relegated to the 3. Liga at then end of the 2012/13 season, the attendace has not dropped much. Due to the huge stadium, allowing more than 30,000 spectators, attendance is quite low percentagewise, although in absolute numbers MSV Duisburg is in the top 3. The stadium does not sell out, but I've personally experienced a visit where the upper tier was closed.
Tickets can be bought via MSV Duisburg's own ticket shop.
- Season 2013/14: 12,598 (39.9%)
- Season 2012/13: 12,876 (40.9%)*
- Season 2011/12: 13,461 (42.7%)*
- Season 2010/11: 14,164 (44.9%)*
*: MSV Duisburg was playing in the 2. Bundesliga Last updated 20.02.2015, Source: http://www.transfermarkt.de/